In anatomy, we’ve opened up the chest wall (I used the bone saw myself and took it off:), and have taken out the heart, lungs, stomach, pancreas, and intestines. The lungs are my favorite organ—they are like a stress ball because after you compress them, they automatically inflate. It’s awesome. This isn’t what happens while we’re alive—we use muscles to breathe in and then expiration is passive (meaning it doesn’t take any effort unless we’re exercising or we have something wrong with us). I would love to keep talking about really how awesome all of this stuff is, but I'll restrain myself.
Speaking of nuts (yes, I planned the title based on this), our PA class is doing a fundraiser selling nuts. I hate selling things (hence why I went into medicine—no selling involved, people need healthcare), so I figure if I put it on the blog I’m not putting anyone on the spot to buy anything, but I’m still making an effort to sell. Our class needs to raise ~$4,000 dollars to pay for sending a representative from our class to the National PA Conference (which travel + hotel + meals x 2 = expensive), our graduation dinner, composite fee, for doing volunteer activities in the community (such as making dinner for the residents of the Ronald McDonald House), and for various other things (if you really want to know, ask me—it’s a long list). So every PA student is assigned to sell 20 bags of nuts (which sounds pretty impossible for me, the girl who never sold any magazine subscriptions during elementary/middle school fundraisers). We are selling 1 pound bags of nuts (and some none-nut products) in the range of $6-8 to anyone living in my area and people I’ll see at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I’m always looking for a good deal, and even though it sounds expensive, it’s actually pretty right on or cheaper than what I’ve seen in the store—plus you’re getting nice gourmet things that most stores don’t offer (think chocolate covered yumminess). They’d make good stocking stuffers or good gifts for acquaintances/coworkers that you want to get something but aren’t sure what to get them. Here are the products we are selling:
Jumbo Pecan Halves, Natural Pistachios, Cashew Halves, Deluxe Mixed Nuts (no peanuts), Chocolate Pecan Turtles, Chocolate Covered Almonds, Chocolate Covered Peanuts, White Frosted Pretzels, and English Toffee Squares
I’m not much of a nut fanatic myself, but the English toffee squares (think Baker’s candies here in Nebraska) and Chocolate Covered Almonds look particularly delicious.
Jeff came down for the weekend and went to Stake Conference with me. It was so nice to have him back and I miss him already (it’s only been a couple of hours). Conference was so inspiring, and we got to shake Elder Oaks’ hand while we were at it! It doesn’t hurt having his brother as the temple president here!
7 comments:
Tasha,
I KNOW what you mean! When Ian and I were dating, I rarely saw him for 7 months straight. It was weird seeing him more often after that! Now, he works mostly nights so I see him for maybe 30 minutes a day (otherwise he sleeps). I too loose too much sleep, but it is a transition that can happen and it will have to happen. Praying for you!
Cheri
I would be more than happy to "help" you out! Sign us up for a bag of the pretzels, chocolate covered almonds, and the toffee squares!I'll pay you Thanksgiving when I pay you for Mom and Dad'd christmas present! I'm excited to see you guys! Love you!
Sick. I can't believe you advertised food after talking about squeezing dead people's lungs. So not making me want to buy any nuts. That and we have no income. Otherwise we would buy your candy. Congrats on the weight loss. :)
Will I get to see you? I'm guessing at some point when Jared comes home right? SO, put us down for pistachios, the toffee sqaures and the turtles.
Oh, and I love to hear all the anatomy stuff. . .even if it is followed up by food talk! Yum!
o babe, keep your chin up. You will do fabulous. Yes, I can sort of relate to the lack of husband while in school, but as long as you keep a prayer in your heart there is nothing you and the lord can't accomplish. I know you will figure out the specific information you need to know for the exams.... Man I should take my own advice. hehe I am so proud of you for going for PA school. I thought I was having a hard time in nursing, but now my problems look like little mole hills. Anyways I love you and you know Heavenly Father loves you and your hubby totally supports you. Ok I better stop before this becomes a novel. Tootles!!
Tasha-
We will buy some nuts, but I will let you know over Thanksgiving what we want.
Good luck with Jeff being gone! It stinks to have him gone, but it's all worth it in the end, right?
Post a Comment