I made it through my first semester of PA school, which is a pretty big accomplishment in my opinion. I did fail one final (the average was 58% and our professor refused to scale it, but that’s a long story that I’m still bitter about, so I won’t divulge)—but I passed all of my classes, and that’s what matters.
We had Christmas in Lincoln with my entire family and took a family picture in the FREEZING cold weather and snow (over a foot!). I haven’t seen them yet, but if none of us look happy and our fists are clenched in an attempt to stay warm, you’ll know why. [Really, you’ve got to feel bad for Jared, who’s still experiencing post-mission shock.] Christmas was full of Nerf Gun Wars, Clue, Caroling, Rock Band (which actually is kind of fun—I’m really anti-videogames, so this is a big deal), sledding, reading, and eating.
Our Christmas Break was absolutely divine. Jeff came back from his rural rotation and it was great to spend time together. We got ice skates for Christmas and went skating as often as we could (since the university just built a rink right next to our building and we get to go for free). We’re not very good(notice how I'm looking down at the ground because if I don't, I'll wipe out), so if you have any tips on how to skate backwards or do anything cool, let me know. What I loved most is that Jeff and I were able to do everyday things together that couples who aren’t in school might have time to do together: we went grocery shopping together, cooked together, went to the gym every day, etc. How wonderful life would be without school…
Our Entertainment Review: I read The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (author of the DaVinci Code) and it was pretty good, though I would say Angels and Demons is the best book of his I’ve read. There was only one mention of Mormonism: he mentioned Joseph Smith and the Gold Plates, but it was only a sentence worth. Star Trek was our favorite movie that we’ve seen this year (and I have never seen the tv show). Sherlock Holmes was pretty good, though we thought the plot was a little dark (the anatagonist was attempting to use Satanic rituals to take over Britain)—I wouldn’t recommend it for children. I liked Pixar’s Up, but Jeff thought it was depressing and insisted on finding another movie to watch afterwards to lift his spirits. And the new Harry Potter was surprisingly good--I think it's my favorite one of the series so far because there was better character development (though the books beat the movies hands down). Anybody have any movie/book recommendations for us to put on our list for Spring Break?
7 comments:
I'm so happy you got to spend Christmas together! That's fun you got ice skates and a rink next to your place! How long is it open? I've heard a little about the crazy NE weather! Good luck this semester!! love ya.
It sounds like you guys had an awesome break! What great memories to hold on to throughout these next couple crazy months! I hope the semester goes well for you and the testing for Jeff!! We love you guys!
I want to try the skating rink, but I am waiting for it to be 50 degrees instead of -20. That might be better for my girls. Frost-bite would not make the experience very happy. Glad you guys got to be together. Have fun being single again. Let us know if you need anything.
I rediscovered clue over Christmas break. I played the new version of it with the intrigue with my brother's family and TOTALLY loved it. When we got back to Nebraska we went and bought it. SO FUN! And can I say I AM totally jealous of the ice skates and the iceskating rink by your house! What luck! Glad you guys had a great break!
I know what you mean about the "being a regular couple" thing... Jon is gone from 8am-10pm every day and I'm starting my masters so I hope I can keep it together as well as you have! you're amazing Tasha!! seriously, how do you do it!?
I also strongly dislike video games and refused to have any but gave in last year for the wii as it tends to be more social and less violent. rock band is so fun!
as for books to read and movies to see in your next break...
books: have a little faith- mitch albom. I love him and this one definitely stays true to his insightful story-telling.
movies: I will recommend instead the tv series numb3rs... the guy uses math to solve fbi cases. it's very creative. Bonus: eye candy fbi.
sorry to write a novel! I was looking at spain pictures the other day and I realized how much I miss you! xox
Tasha and Jeff-
Here's wishing you both the best of luck for another year:) We hope to see you next time we make it to NE. Always remember that if you need a place to stay near the beautiful Oregon coast, we'd love to have you visit.
Oh we should totally go to that theater together, it was really cool.
Jeff has been kind enough to only diagnosis himself and not me. (Though I am sure that I have something wrong with me).
P.S. time to update.
Post a Comment