Sunday, August 15, 2010

I first wanted to thank all of those who read my last blog post. Based off of the comments and feedback, I would say that each of us have been in situations where we have been misjudged. For some of us, it is from people within our faith (who think they have the stewardship to receive revelation for us), for others it has been strangers on the street (who may think you have too many kids or you’re crazy for having kids while in school). Either way, it hurts. I am grateful for the overwhelming support that I feel from friends in the ward, at school, and my family. Yet we all have our moments of vulnerability that allows the one critical comment to overshadow the brightness and hope we feel from our blessings, our friendships, and our testimonies. Thank you for responding and being understanding of my recent personal struggles with individuals that have been less than supportive of my decisions.


That being said, I’d like to put a plug in for the August issue of the Ensign. I finished reading it before August even started and it has been extremely helpful and influential in helping me forgive and become a better person. Whenever I think an article doesn’t apply to me (I don’t think we have any prisons within our ward boundaries:), I read it and find something I can learn. You should read it cover to cover!

No comments: