Sunday, February 1, 2009

Donuts??

Yesterday (which was a Saturday) I woke up at 6 in the morning and wanted to surprise Jeff with something nice. I knew I had to run to Walmart anyways, so I was trying to think what is the male equivalent of flowers? Let's face it, every woman would love getting 'just because' flowers and it really means something to us. But what do you get males? I've written him notes for his lunches and made him breakfast, but is there a quick purchase that sends the same message as flowers to a woman? So I bought him donuts (which really didn't agree with him at his basketball game later). Any ideas?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I bought Jeff flowers once. To see if he would like them like a girl would like them. But I think that he thought that I bought them for myself to make the apartment prettier. So I'm just as stumped. Jeff who is reading this said Oreos.

Nicole said...

Chocolate. If I came home with a dark bar of chocolate Tristan wouldn't know what to do with himself.

Matt and Maggie said...

Hope you don't mind my peaking at your blog... may I add you to my list? I think donuts is a fine idea. Matt likes ice cream. I think he also likes a good action flick.

Allison Nelson said...

Hi Tasha, I just found your blog! No big ideas on the gifts for men b/c Peter doesn't enjoy getting or receiving gifts very much. He might not be an anomaly either. Men tend to not be into those things as much as us ladies are...? I'd agree with Nicole, though, that food, esp. baked goodies are their favorites.

The Mecham 9 said...

Well, I may be able to help. Knowing Jeff, and my mother, baked cookies, baked bread, Rocky Road Ice cream (especially Swans) chocolate cake, the blomstedt brownies-i have the recipe if you need it, etc.. He loves all baked stuff, but I am suprised he didn't like donuts. I guess we just never ate donuts very often. He just needs to be happy with whatever he gets! Just keep up the good work!
JoLynn