Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Apartment

I promised Britt months ago that I would show her pictures of our apartment, but I'm a slacker and am finally getting to it. Our apartment is an old complex, built in 1919 in the "historic district" of Omaha (this tour trolley passes by our place every once in a while). There are some gorgeous homes with stone carvings and stone-arched windows--I just love it. Anyways, since our first apartment was very small and had very little light, this one compensates for it with a window in every room, a kitchen with lots of storage space, and it's around 900 square feet. We were really blessed to find a good deal in the school neighborhood that provides free laundry and a storage room downstairs. Like every place, there are some things I dislike, but overall I love it!


Some cute Christmas decorations put up by our groundskeeper


The door from the courtyard to our apartment


This is the telephone that rings when you want to get buzzed in


Our Living Room


The Dining Room


The Study

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

WOW, I love your place!! I can't wait to actually come visit sometime. :)

Stephanie said...

It is a lovely place. Maybe we'll move over there.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Ok, so I just commented but messed up! ha ha. So your place is so cute. If we were to live in a place like that in Provo we'd be paying at least $800. I love that you have a bell to buzz people in and I love the interior. it looks like it has so much space! Also I'm so proud of you for posting so much!

katielovie said...

Hey guys!! Cute apartment!!

Rachel said...

Yeah, it really is a neat place. I've been there a few times. The old fashioned part of it is really neat. It's kind of like walking into Europe when we're there.

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

Hey! You have a blog!
Your place is so cute. It's so spacious too!

Heidi said...

Wow! I really like the looks of your place! Old buildings have a certain appeal that you just don't get with anything new!