Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Jeff and I had a great Easter. After Jeff’s exam Saturday, we went down to Lincoln and spent the day celebrating Jackson’s birthday, decorating hard-boiled eggs, and searching for treats Staci hid (which was incredibly difficult—who would think to look in the dryer sheets box for an egg? I didn’t…). Then we went to the adult session of stake conference and ate a late, last-minute dinner at Taco Bell with Allison, Peter, Ray, and Rachel. Feeling like single folk again (meaning we were okay with staying out past 9:30), we went to HyVee and played with the Hula Hoops. Unfortunately an employee caught us as soon as we took them off the rack, so our fun didn’t last too long.

I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. What hope and joy it brings to me and I am comforted knowing that I am not alone, though ofttimes being married to a med student really makes me feel that way. I know that Jeff would rather eat dinner with me than his books and go on dates with me rather than spend that time at the library, so I am thankful for the sacrifices the he makes in order to provide for our future family. I look forward to the day when he won’t be so busy (which won’t be for another 6 years at the least), but for now I am learning to find joy in the journey and put my trust in my Savior.

This is a really funny article and yet surprisingly accurate about what it truly is like to be married to a med student, if any of you are curious. The only thing that was different is that Jeff isn't a germaphobe (at least not yet).

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

That article is really funny, I thought the part where they know everything and nothing was really funny. And I do feel a little neglected sometimes too.

Rachel said...

Feel free to vent to us anytime you want. We have listening ears if you need them.

I think of germs quite often actually and can't even think of how dirty my driver's seat is in my car! Glad he's not that bad yet.

Stephanie said...

Yeah we are planning on going to the PULSE dinner on Friday. Jeff has the cadaver funeral on Friday night from 7-8 but I think we can squeeze them both in. Tell Jeff to chill out and take you to the PULSE dinner. Gosh if my Jeff were as much of a studier as your Jeff I would go CRAZY!!! Some third and fourth year med students are members.

Hartleys said...

I think I can out myself as a blog stalker now that we've officially met! :) Love the Easter pics. We had fun visiting at the dinner on Friday. If your Jeff ever puts down his books we should all hang out! :)

Melynie said...

It sounds like you had a fun Easter. That was a pretty funny article, too!

What area of medicine is Jeff going into?

Daven and Savanna Lake said...

TASHA!!! So, I totally found you on Britt's blog, who just recently found me. Love your posts. Coupons are definitely the best...I almost get a high off of seeing how much things don't HAVE to cost ;) Also, uber adorable apartment. You and Jeff look like you're living, laughing and loving (nice to stay true to your blog title). I'm glad my match-making services paid off...you do realize I take partial credit in your celestial bliss, right? ;)