Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Feast Fit for a King (or at least a Health Nut!!)


With the combination of sales and coupons I got some amazing deals on produce this past week (.50 strawberries, 1.50 pineapple, etc.). So last night, we had a great and nutritious dinner: hamburgers (with cheese, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce) fresh pineapple, sweet potato fries, celery, and salad. Then for dessert we had angel food cake and strawberries. Pretty awesome, right? Well, I was proud of myself for my smart shopping and a nutritious dinner. Of course Jeff just couldn't be too healthy--he insisted on having root beer to drink.


I also finished the nursing covers! After debating with Jeff about the material's design (he's not the one wearing it anyways), I picked out the fabric and sewed somewhat successfully. It's not perfect, but I like it (and I hope you do too, Britt).

5 comments:

Thorne Family said...

So cute! I love the fabric! It looks great! See you can sew! It's not as hard as it looks.So what's your next project?

Brittany said...

oh my gosh! it is so cute and I love it! It doesn't look to baby, but it's perfect!!! Great job on the sewing I'm so impressed!I love the colors.

Brianna said...

Okay Tash. You have been sewing a lot and I love it. When we talk on the phone next, which will BE SOON, I want your pattern for your grocery sack thing. You should probably email me cuz I can't call you til the weekend. briannanye@gmail.com

Love you!

Matt and Maggie said...

Spectacular! Good for you. LOVE the fabric.

Stephanie said...

Isn't so annoying that men don't like to be healthy. My Jeff doesn't eat fruit or salad really. So I feel like I'm wasting energy to wash the fruit or make a salad just for me. But I guess it is the same with Lauren I always put a vegetable on her plate even though I know that she isn't going to eat it. Anyway we need to get you out of the house before you turn into Martha Stewart. Call me sometime and we'll hang out.