
Since I haven't blogged forever, I needed to take some time to acknowledge my excitement when Kris Allen was named as the American Idol. I like his style of music and he was amazing at arranging songs--the piano and guitar playing helps too! He seems to be the unlikely vote: small-town country boy, married at 23, a very humble presence (especially compared to Adam's flamboyant performances), but he won.
When it comes to pure vocal talent, Adam Lambert is better (but I didn't like how it seemed all of the judges favored him all season). He's sure to have a career even without winning (c'mon, he's already been on the cover of Entertainment Weekly before American Idol was even finished). Adam's a great singer, I just don't prefer the high-pitched screaming in every song. So I'm happy with the results and hope both contestants the best!
1 comment:
woohoo I am so excited too. sorry I never called you that night to show my excitement. How'd you like all the extra people that showed up?! Did you watch the prime time in no time?
Post a Comment