Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Missing Piece



After at least two months of working on this, we finally finished the 2000 piece puzzle that I bought for my mom for mother's day (sorry, mom--Jeff couldn't resist!). This is a puzzle of the Mad King Ludwig's Neuschwanstein Castle in Southwestern Germany, one of the many places my mom and I visited while backpacking in Europe.

Are putting together puzzles telling of a person? The first thing I wanted to do was organized the pieces according to location--Jeff immediately began to try to put together two pieces from the same location without any thought of organizing first (he doesn't use the geometric logic of this piece wouldn't fit with that piece because this part is too skinny: he just picks a puzzle piece and tries it in every single spot!).

After all of this time, we are still missing a piece of the puzzle. Of course I'm the culprit of Jeff's puzzle woes (he thinks I'm holding it back so I can take credit for 'finishing' the puzzle) because he's such a perfectionist that this hole in the puzzle is on the verge of giving him a mental breakdown. He has looked everywhere for it. So if you see a random puzzle piece laying around your place, let us know:)

9 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

I'll do my best to keep an eye out. ha ha, funny story.

Thorne Family said...

Hope all your hard work is not all for nothing.

Stephanie said...

That is so hilarious. I think that I am like Jeff in that I don't look at the puzzle piece first, I just try to stick it in somewhere, which is perhaps why I hate puzzles. That is so cool that you have been there. It is beautiful. Sorry about the lost piece. How frustrating

Thorne Family said...

If you go to homemadebyjill.blogspot.com and look in the sidebar there is a link for cloth baby shoes. It gives you a pattern and step by step instructions. I swear they are so easy! I was really nervous about trying them by my self, but you can do it. Give me a call if you have questions, or we can have a sewing party and we can make shoes!!

elyssa said...

tasha! i'm glad, too! so i just blog stalked you--congrats on the BYU degree! what are you doing over the summer?

and yes, the job search is making me crazy, obviously. i think i've made peace with my unemployableness, tho. time to start making up things to make money! ; )

Thorne Family said...

sounds good, I hope Thursday night works, but we will have to do it at my place. Kent started school this week, so he is gone from 3- 10 on Thursday.

Unknown said...

tasha marr...i'mn sorry i will always call you tasha marr even though that is not your last name anymore.
but props to you on the puzzle.
but i won't lie. my roommates did that oncce, it took them like 3 weeks. so for 3 weeks i had no kitchen table and i kind of wanted to kill them sometimes.
glad thing you have no roommates

Kristin said...

That has got to be irritating that you can't find the last piece! ha! I found your blog through "Lives of Doctor's Wives" and you recently commented on a question I had related to fiances during a med-school marriage. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thanks for the advice!!

Mrs. Dawkter said...

This is in response to your post on doctorwives - Buy the high protein bars (like Kashi roll bars or power bars) for your husband and have him put them in his pockets - we did this for my husband and when he would have enough time to run to the bathroom he would scarf one down! When he is on call arrange to bring him dinner at the hospital. Surgery is a long and painful rotation for those who don't want to be surgeons... but you'll get through it, and it will make him appreciate whatever he decides to go into!